Thursday, December 24, 2009

Baby it's cold outside

Ran outside for the first time in December. was a little upset I misread the schedule and I skipped Tuesday thinking I'd push on Wednesday. Well, fitness room was closed Wednesday and I spent the afternoon in a bar. Whoops.

I ran today, mid 30s, not awful. Ran my mile route, three times around the block.

1. It's harder running in the cold, but I stayed hydrated more.
2. It's harder running outside than a treadmill, I think because...
3. My stride is WAY longer outside. I was running "slow" and was about a 8-10 minute mile (I meant to hit lap on my phone and hit stop, so didn't time myself the entire way, but it was 2:32 the first lap)

No wonder a mile and some inside seems "easy" at 12 or even 10 minutes,  but outside tougher.

Well, glad I ran, had to push a bit but then of course "instantly" recovered. Need to find out how to work that to my advantage.

PS on the tread mill I kept moving for 3.1. I won't say the time, with two walking breaks, because it was embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment