Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Wow! That felt really good.

The plan was to run twice around my block, a bit over 1000 meters, "and then some." I was thinking an extra 100 meters or so. I felt kind of out of shape, hadn't run for two days. Just a nice easy run. Push a little don't kill myself.

Brought the iPod for the first time. Put on my favorite song. Found my pace (that was nice too) and ran.

First time around I was still singing along, and breathing through my nose. Felt great. Second time the 3/4 mark of what I planned, felt great. coming around the last corner I decided. I was doing another block. I was going to finish the mile.

Of course it was a bit of a push but it was far easier than I expected. I ran that mile, and then another "short side" of my block. Tired, yes. Winded, not nearly as much as I expected. I finally remembered how to breath again, run again.

It felt fantastic. I haven't run a mile without stopping since I was 18. It is invigorating to know I did something physically I haven't done in over 15 years (no, not that, but it has been a while there too).

Now that I know I am done "getting in shape" I can start "training."

Mile time: Well, the song is 9:35, I missed the first 10 seconds futzing with my glove and pocket and I ran 1800 meters. Somewhere on the good side of 9 minutes.
Sore: back, calves (legs are shaking a bit)

Next up... sprints. I know I can run it, now I need to run it faster.

1 comment:

  1. Weird I posted a comment but it didn't appear. The general idea was "Congrats, it's great to see progress and you've been keeping at it consistently! So keep up the good work!".

    ReplyDelete