Friday, October 23, 2009

Fail... not so fail...

Last night I was going to "race." Since the around-the-block track is my usual tour, I decided to treat it like a race day. One race, as fast as I can. Warmed up, short sprints, get amped a bit.

Take off fast, I know I can keep this pace and have something at the end. Leaving it all on this track today. Half way through, fail.

Everything quit. Lungs quit, ankle (which never hurt) legs, just stopped. I had to walk 400m in. It was pathetic. I don't know if it was the rain, wind, stress from work, that I hadn't eaten, what. It was sad. I sulked home in a slow walk and slept restlessly. It doesn't matter the excuse I didn't get done what I wanted to. Had to redeem myself.

This morning I was up at the crack of dawn. I needed to run still. So I ran two "laps" with a walk break. Good pace, no clock to time me. Still raining and it felt good.

Beautiful to see the sun come up as I run. The trees are fantastic. The second lap of course I am looking in myself, thinking, reflecting, pushing. Finding a spot where I am focuing on my thoughts and not my legs. My legs know how to work.

Still feel like that was making up for yesterday and I need to run tonight. Probably won't since I am busy. Probably for the best, can't push too much.

Now I am going to do some push ups, because I should.


Mile time: N/A
Hurts: legs, ankles(?), mind

No comments:

Post a Comment